2 Dimensional Design - Week 3

9.2.15 (Week 3)
Jasmine Yeoh (0321190)
2 Dimensional Design
Assignment 1: Unconventional Self Portrait (Final Piece)


The Process:

First, I sketched a picture of me using pencil then slowly began stamping my thumbprints. (I edited the picture to make it easier for me to know where the shadows are)

I used a scrap piece of paper to dab off the excess ink.

Almost done!

Nearly there!



My Thoughts on the Assignment
After experimenting with my ideas, I could not decide what to do for my final piece. The "Jasmine Tea" idea didn't turn out as I expected as it was too tedious and time consuming therefore that idea was ruled out. Eventually, I decided to do the portrait out of fingerprints rather than doing the portrait out of rice. 

The final portrait turned out to be very time consuming as I had to print hundreds of fingerprints but in the end i found that it was worth it because the fingerprints create a really nice texture which adds to the aesthetics of the picece

This entry was posted on Saturday 7 February 2015 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply